It’s great to roll into this AO and see so many new faces. It’s encouraging to know we keep growing. Based on that I tried to do a better disclaimer than my normal. I was also a little nervous since I was doing the Ruckover later in the day as well as trying to hit the right level for moderate. But the weinke was set and of f we went.
Mosey over to first parking lot down road to Shutterfly for normal warm-ups. Nothing new or ground-breaking.
- Split up into 2 groups for Indian Run down to Eternal Church parking lot. Since we were going downhill last man spring to front.
- Partner up for Lazy Dora.
- 100 Merkins (P1 does 10 while P2 hold plank, then keep switching to 100).
- 200 LBCs (P1 does 20 while P2 does 6″ hold, then keep switching to 200).
- 300 Squats (P1 does 25 while P2 holds air chair, then keep switching to 300).
- Assemble at one end of parking lot back in 2 original groups. 1st group starts exercise and 2nd group starts after 1st group gets done with 1st exercise.
- Run to 1st line – 10 jump lunges: run to 2nd line – 10 thrusters: run to 3rd line – 10 merkins: run to end of lot and then back to beginning
- Run to 1st line – 10 bomb jacks: run to 2nd line – 10 plank jacks: run to 3rd line – 10 seal jacks: run to end of lot and then back to beginning
- Lunge walk to 1st line – 10 squats: backward lunge to 2nd line – 10 squats: lunge walk to 3rd line – 10 squats: backward lunge to end
- Run to 1st line – 10 jump lunges: run to 2nd line – 10 thrusters: run to 3rd line – 10 merkins: run to end of lot
- Stay in 2 groups for Indian Run back to COT. Since we’re going uphill first guy in line drops for 5 merkins then runs to catch end of line and tell next guy to drop.
The run back was maybe a little more than normal for Slow Burn but everybody made it. Tried to use it as a shameless cross-promotion for PAX to post to Clydesdales. There’s always all runner levels there and a great way to get better at running. Always an honor to lead this group of PAX. Thanks Smither’s for the opportunity!