Somehow, it slipped YHC’s radar that today’s Golden Corral Q fell on him. Nevertheless, when this truth was brought to light 8 hours before launch, frantic efforts were made to plan SOMETHING. Six PAX joined YHC to learn what happens when little time is spent planning a beatdown. Here’s what we did…
Mosey 1½ times around the parking lot, including side shuffles, knees-to-chests, and toy soldiers before circling up in front of O’Reilly Auto Parts next to the bank. Following a quick warmup of the standards (SSH, windmill, low slow squats, and merkins), we moseyed around to the newly paved hill into the newly built apartment complex behind the Teeter.
Beginning at the bottom of the hill, PAX will complete a certain number of burpees, run to the top of the hill, perform exercise on sheet taped to cone, run down the hill, more burpees, back up, etc. The breakdown of exercises:
- 10 burpees at the bottom, 100 LBCs at the top
- 9 burpees at the bottom, 90 squats at the top
- 8 burpees at the bottom, 80 merkins at the top (crowd pleaser, this one)
- 7 burpees at the bottom, 70 Freddie Mercuries at the top (double count)
- 6 burpees at the bottom, 60 monkey humpers at the top
- 5 burpees at the bottom, 50 pseudo planche merkins at the top
- 4 burpees at the bottom, 40 dying cockroaches at the top (double count)
- 3 burpees at the bottom, 30 hillbilly squat walkers at the top (single count)
- 2 burpees at the bottom, 20 breakdancer merkins at the top (single count)
- 1 burpee at the bottom, 10 v-sits at the top
38 Special didn’t get the memo on the descending number of burpees and proceeded to do 10 burpees each round until probably round 4 or 5. There’s always one who doesn’t get it, but good for him for doing the harder thing.
All PAX picked up the six and finished with a mosey to COT, arriving at exactly 0600. For being poorly planned, this turned into a perfectly timed workout.
- PAINtheon Games, 13.June.2018, 0500
- Hog and Coyote V, 16.June.2018, 0500 ruck, 0600 everybody else
- Sweati, sometime in July, details generally lacking
Prayers and praises:
- CAH – pray for the kids, the workers, the volunteers, and praises for the opportunities we’ve had to pour into them
- Drummond and his family are handing two foster children over to their forever family this weekend. Prayers for the transition – the good parts, and the hard parts.
- Per Drop Thrill, Donut Hole is being deployed again, so prayers for him and his family in the weeks/months ahead. (I never thought I’d type a sentence starting with “Per Drop Thrill, Donut Hole…”)
- Prayers for all the PAX who are injured and for those looking for jobs (or otherwise “funemployed,” as Homebrew called it).
An honor to lead, even if unexpectedly.