5 pax and 10 young men joined together to spend some quality time together at Guidance to talk about leadership and the #1 thing you can control in leadership and that is our own, individual response to circumstances.
To start with the end… in COT asking for prayers three of the boy’s prayers revolved around going home. That was a prayer that I can’t even comprehend but I think it became a little more real this past week as we can feel for the young immigrant children sitting in “camps” separated from their parents and these children like the young men from Guidance… just want to go home and be with their families.
Today’s theme was leadership and by golly we were going to live it.
SSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW Mosey to church field at the top of the hill.
Circle up with some stretching lead by Tyrees and we then moved into some COP. Then Curry entered the circle and helped complete a few more exercises in cadence.
Then we started a friendly competition. Identified 4 team leaders to select their teams. Which took slightly longer than expected but we got there. Competing in the following events.
- Balance – stand on one foot holding the other for as long as you can, then jumping until you fall
- Strength – Hold the longest Plank… Senator Tressell and Pony tail were boss at this event. Respectable… very respectable
- Speed – Sprint suicides by team… first one to finish gets points
- Agility – Dribbling the ball down the fields
- Agility 2 – Dibble the ball down, circle the cone and come back
- Small sided games (1 team against the other, first goal wins)
Great time by all and a privilege to lead!