Tuesday morning at Golden Corral, Cable Guy (in typical Cable Guy fashion) looks over at YHC (who is conveniently located across the parking lot, because, well, Cable Guy in the morning…) and says, “So, you’ll Q Friday at the Swamp.” It wasn’t really a question; it was more a statement of fact.
“I’ll what now?”
“Yeah, you’ll Q.”
Before I could raise any objections to protect my fellow PAX from what would become my fifth bootcamp Q in just over 2 weeks, word started to spread, and my fate was sealed.
No Twitter announcement was made to prepare the PAX for today, so when 0515 rolled over on my watch, I stepped into the circle to make the disclaimer. It was a C-Span-approved disclaimer, so I’m getting better there. Disclaimer disclaimed, the 7 ruckers walked off one way and the 8 bootcampers moseyed the other.
COP, Part 1
Short mosey to the parking lot behind Cold Stone for
20 SSH IC
10 hillbilly walkers IC
COP, Part 2
Following a mosey with a few side shuffles thrown in, we circled up outside Books A Million for
10 windmills IC
10 low slow squats IC
20 Moroccan night clubs IC
That’s it for the warm up; I wanted to leave plenty of time for the main event. So we moseyed over to the Sun Trust Bank parking lot for the fun to start.
The bank is a good size to run around, and it conveniently has 11 parking spaces in a nice, flat, straight row, making it perfect for a lineup of stations. For today’s fun, we had ten burpee stations and a “rest” station of 100 LBCs. Exercises were all OYO, with a lap around the bank after each station, resulting in 11 laps. The burpee stations, in no particular order:
20 Burpees (plain old burpees)
10 Prison cell burpees
10 Kraken burpees
15 Walmart burpees (“Walmart” because you roll back; these were the focus of much mumblechatter)
15 Bodybuilder burpees
15 Inverted burpees
20 One-arm burpees (10 per arm)
20 One-leg burpees (10 per leg)
15 Tuck jump burpees (jump knees to chest)
20 Jump ½ turn burpees (ideally 10 per direction)
For those counting, that makes for 160 wonderfully fun burpees. I think we ended up running over two miles, too, but I’m not sure on that one.
T-claps to all the bootcampers, as everybody completed the entire circuit, and nobody really got far ahead of anybody else. LBCs were completed by some as we waited for the six. With five minutes to spare, we moseyed back to Chick-Fil-A for a couple minutes of stretching our now very tight shoulders and hips.
- GoRuck Light tomorrow. Good luck and have fun to those guys going. Make sure you’re prepared, as the list on the website is not suggestions.
- Post somewhere tomorrow if you’re not rucking.
- Yeti in two weeks.
- Read your newsletter.
Prayers and Praises
- Wild Thing’s sister-in-law is being induced today to deliver their still-born child. Please pray for this entire family as they deal with this.
- C-Span’s son (and the whole family really) eagerly anticipating the birth of their baby. (I think I understood that right.)
- World Wide Leader had to return to work after six weeks of paternity leave, and now their son is starting into daycare, so tons of transitions for all of that family.
- Rad’s daughter is still in the hospital after a high fever and numerous seizures. The fever is down, but other tests are being done, so pray for her and the whole family.
- YHC is dealing with some difficult situations at work, including a family returning from overseas early, which may lead to marital issues. Pray for them, and for those who are caring for them.
- DaVinci’s business has gained some new clients with potentially more on the way, which is great and also daunting.
Even with limited notice (which seems to be the only way I end up Qing), it’s an honor to get to lead and serve these men. Thanks to Cable Guy for the Q-portunity. Kotters to Photobomb.
Ask the ruckers what they did. I only ever saw them walking.