With a lot of the PAX spending time with their 2.0s at F3 Dads camp I wasn’t sure what type of turnout we’d have. Thankfully 8 other PAX missed the F3 Dads deadline like myself and decided to post.
Disclaimer was given and off we went on a warm up lap around the park. Onto field for normal exercises: 25-SSHs, 15-Windmills, 20-Merkins, 15-Peter Parkers in Plank, 20-Slow Squats, & 15 Smurf Jacks.
Mosey over to wall under concession stand and partner up.
- P1 does peoples chair while P2 runs to fence and back. Swap and then repeat so each PAX runs twice.
- Leg pushdowns – Try not to let your legs hit the ground after partner pushes them down. 15 then swap.
- Wheelbarrow from foul line out to back of infield behind short-stop then swap going back.
- Burpee jump overs – P1 is down in plank, P2 jumps over and does a burpee for a total of 8. Then swap so P2 does 8. Then keep swapping and reducing burpees by 2 (P1-8, P2-8, P1-6, P2-6, P1-4…)
- Empty shopping cart – Kinda like a backwards wheelbarrow. Crab walk instead of bear crawl with partner holding legs up.
- 15 partner merkins with handslaps, run to fence and back then 15 more.
- Come together into 2 5 man teams. 4 guys are in plank while the last guy weaves his way to the front then drops into plank and lets the last guy know to start. We made it about half way across the outfield before it was time for the main event.
Walker takes the Q and we mosey over to other field for 410 shotgun. 4 cones in a square, same exercise to be done at cone each time, 10 reps each cone, 10 times around the square.
- 1st cone was 10 burpees
- 2nd cone was 10 V-ups
- 3rd cone was 10 diamond merkins
- 4th cone was 10 body squats
The plan was to do 10 rounds of this but we audibled after the 7th round to circle up for the following pleasantries all in cadence:
- 60 – 4 count flutter kicks
- 40 Freddie Mercury’s
- Heels 6″ off ground for 90 seconds
- 20 single count Merkins
- 20 staggered Merkins (10 left hand forward, 10 right hand forward)
Time’s up, PAX were smoked. COT.
I didn’t know Walker that well before this but I heard he was a machine. There was talk the night before about pre-running so I decided to join him and Fish Sticks. Of course Tega Cay is nice and flat and those 2 are slow….so I learned not to pre-run a hard workout anymore. But overall it was a lot of fun and appreciate the opportunity to lead!