P200 training dictates pre-runs whenever you can get them. Well that was a mistake. Jedi and myself met Fish Sticks & Bolt for a “fellowship” pace behind Alcatraz which consisted of 3 miles of hills at 8 min pace. We got back right at 7am, just in time to greet the other 9 pax. Wonderful.
Bolt took us around the outside of the field for a half mile warm up sprint prior to the stretching / / official warm-up. I took it from there for a some fun w/ cones:
Cones set up 20 yds apart, 5 sets in total, for a 100 yds down the field. I give one exercise w/ rep count, and the pax runs to each cone and does it at each cone, all the way down the field x5 no break:
- 3 burpees (15 in total)
- 10 jump lunges (each leg) (50 jump lunges each leg)
- 5 burpees (25 burpees)
- 10 jump squats (50 jump squats)
- 3 burpees (15 burpees)
- 10 big boy sit-ups (50 sit-ups)
55 burpees, 100 lunges, 50 jump squats and 50 sit-ups in 12 minutes isn’t too shabby to get things started.
Next up – the hill outside of Alcatraz:
- Run down hill, back pedal up the hill and do 20 merkins. Repeat run down, back pedal up, 16 merkins. Hill, 12, Hill, 8, Hill, 4, done. 60 merkins and plenty of hills. Shibby.
Some fun w/ basketball. Each pax gets a shot from the free throw line. If he makes, I have an exercise. If he misses, I have a different exercise (I wonder which one is worse…). Well, needless to say the pax missed every shot. In order of exercises after each missed shot:
- Up and down every parking lot line (side shuffle, sprint, side shuffle, sprint…until you get to the end).
- 60 flutters (120 single)
- 5 kraken burpees
- 40 fast / slow freddie mercuries (80 single)
- 20 diamond merkins
- 20 American Hammers
Hand off to Bolt for the grand finale – partner obstacle course. Partner 1 goes through the gauntlet while Partner 2 rips through merkins, squats and LBC’s (50 was the # I believe). Bolt set up about 12 cones w/ rope weaving between and across each of them making the army crawl almost impossible to keep your butt that low to the ground (at least for a guy w/ a big ass like myself). Obstacle course goes as follows:
- Broad jump to cones
- Army crawl 10 yards under rope
- bear crawl to sand bags
- Curl sand bags
- Weave in and out of 6 more cones touching each as you pass
- Sprint back to finish
We closed it out w/ some good discussion around the recent events in Florida and engaging God on the little battles throughout a man’s day. Thanks for the chance to lead Smuggler. Always a pleasure w/ this group.