This was almost a repeat from #thehive after the quick Q request from none other than Polaroid. Since that Friday workout was such a good sweaty mess, it was worth keeping as is with a few minor tweaks for extra fun. After the full on disclaimer was made, we did a quick mosey around the parking lot and continued with some warm-up.
Warm-up included: merkins x10, Moroccan night club x30, windmill x10, parker peter x10, hillbilly walker x10, cherry picker x10, SSH x20, downward dog and honeymooner.
The Thang….with some classic rock jams in the background brought to the PAX by the site Q – always a bonus!
- 30x KB swings
- 30x KB squats
- 30x KB shoulder presses
- 30x KB rows
- 30 total / 15 each leg KB lunges with passing the KB between your legs on each lunge
- 30 / 15 (single) clean and jerk – start at left foot, lift KB with right arm, press over right shoulder
Suicides as a quick cool down at 3 sections in the parking lot – then a quick 10 count break or so.
- 30 / 15x one arm KB swings
- 30x (double count) American hammers
- 15x burpee – dead lift the KB, set it down next to you, burpee, pick it up on your way up
- 30 / 15x lawnmower pulls
- 30x KB presses
- 30x triceps presses behind your head
- 30x KB shoulder shrugs
Suicides as a quick cool down at 3 sections in the parking lot – then a quick 10 count break.
THEN – we got to choose between round 1 or 2….we chose round 1 for another go because burpees weren’t part of that round. But of course, after we finished the last exercise, the burpee somehow made it into our mix for a 10 rep count.
Finished up with a round of Mary being called out around the circle by PAX for final 5 min.
Count off, name-o-rama, announcements, prayers and praises, BOM – and that’s all she wrote. Enjoyed it (again) and can’t wait to see what kind of pain we’re in store for tomorrow!
Aye – Shady