Chilly morning started out with war stories from the GORUCK weekend with three of the PAX in attendance coming home with a Tough patch. Congrats to Bonsai on his first GORUCK Tough!
Clock struck 5:15, a disclaimer was provided and we took off on a mosey in the direction of Main Street. We stopped halfway there for windmills and again at the bottom of the hill on Main Street for some merkins. We reached our ultimate destination at the Fort Mill Animal Clinic parking lot. YHC is the site Q for the Fire Ant, ruck AO, which meets on Tuesday’s. Being a visiting Q on the same day as the standard ruck workout, it only made sense that some version of a ruck workout had to come with me. This is what led the PAX to the back of Maximus’ truck that was stationed in the parking lot. We pulled out 3 60lb sandbags, 1 40lb sandbag, 1 40lb ruck, and 1 30 lb filler bag to be used in the 12 Days of Christmas. Given the theme of the workout, I was really hoping the millions of Christmas lights up in the area would be on, but they must not burn all night.
12 Days of Christmas
- Run down the hill on Main Street and back (~0.2 miles)
- Glow stick bear crawl – bear crawl from one glow stick to the other (down hill) and crawl bear back (up hill) (~20 yards out and 20 yards back)
- Jumping Lunges
- Bomb Jacks with a Donkey Kick
- Man Makers (sand bag)
- 4 Count Flutters
- Jump Squats
- Shoulder Press (sand bag)
- Bent Over Rows (sand bag)
- Curls (sand bag)
- Broad Jump Burpees
We didn’t make it all the way to strength items since most only made it 8 before time ran out. The bear crawls and crawl bears definitely made their presence known and the cardio was evident by the 2.7 miles covered.
With time running out we tossed the sandbags back in the truck and took a quick mosey back to the start point with one stop for some merkins.
Great job by the strong PAX in attendance. Definitely want a shot at completing this whole series since the first half was a burner. Thank you to Shady for the opportunity at this great AO.
- Fort Convergence on Christmas Eve – this is a MUST ATTEND
- Prayers for Skate or Die’s friend as he and his family mourn the early passing of his sister
- Prayers for the congregation of Unity Presbyterian Church as they recover from the fire
- Prayers for those fighting cancer
- Prayers for patience and poise during the holiday season and 2.0s are a little more ramped up than normal.