19 HIM + 1 FNG showed up at The Coop for another round of Duck Season. Punch-List made the request to Q that night after YHCs VQ. Welcomed that offer and knew another solid #beatdown would be required. Took a bit for me to come up with a solid idea but after completing the 40 day challenge (Thanks Cakeboss) and the Travis Manion, 400-29-7, it came to me and Duck’s Modified Manion was born.
Arrived about 15 minutes early to get rucks and sandbags in place and look the area over once more . Dirty Harry was already on site. From the type and volume of the music coming from his SUV, I now understand why he is so pumped in the Gloom.
1 FNG on hand Robert Farmer, now and forever known as “Token” and a mess of veteran Pax ready to rock. Quick Disclaimer and we are off.
Snake around the parking lot on a brisk mosey -pickup 1 additional ruck and sandbag on the way and head to the FB field for the fun.
20x SSH – 20x windmills- Drop to plank position and hold for enough time to sweat. Down to Supermans- hold 10 secs-+10 sec count down by Punch List-rest. Back to Superman- hold for 10 secs+ 15 sec count by Pothole. Move to Plank and hold- Quizzed Dirty Harry on how the DSM gave him a better perspective on Mental Toughness and Mental Health Awareness. As he pontificated on the subject apparently some in the circle (DrkH) felt the plank burn and mumble chatter ensued over the length of the answer not the substance of the answer. Move to downward dog and into honeymooners 3x to get everyone a nice stretch.
Recover and move to the end-zone.
The Thang- “Duck’s Modified Manion 400-40-7”
Tribute to the Travis Manion WOD and the 40 day challenge we concluded at the beginning of April.
7 Rounds to Complete- done in any order due to the limited number of coupons and the large number of Pax.
- 400 meter run- 40x merkins
- 400 meter run- 40x Big Boy Situps
- Honor Round- Weighted 400 meter run- 40x weighted squats. On hand we had 12 gauge shells(60lbs), 16 gauge shells(40Lbs) and 20 gauge shells(30lb rucks). I did request the PAX”Man UP” on the 60s and magically the 60s were always in use. Great Work Men!
- 400 meter run-10x 4X4s- Found this little Gem on the Exicon- Burpee to plank-complete 4 merkins and 4 2ct mountain climbers and back to your feet.. Rinse and Repeat. For some reason the PAX did not particularly like this new exercise. Lots of chatter on this. One PAX used the term “hate” to describe it but, they all worked through it.
- 400 meter run- 20/leg Single Dead Lift- Thank Punch list for that bad idea, feeling it now.
- 400 meter run- 40x Crab Cakes
- 400 meter run – 40x Bomb Jacks
Well, YHC has heard stories of PAX Splashing Merlot but never had it happen at an AO I was at. Well that changed today on my 2nd Q. Somewhere around round 5-6 our newly adopted Pax, Token, had to leave the the line of sight to take care of that business. YHC thinks it was the weighted run and squats that did him in. He rebounded well to finish the morning off in stride. Good On ya Token, Welcome!
Big Shoutout to Blart w/ F3 Naiperville IL who posted with us today. Good 2ndF on the track with him.
With 2 minutes to spare quick Mosey back to COT. IT issues killed the video somehow.
Praises- Smokey’s father is home recuperating after a heart attack and by pass last week.
Prayers- Cornerstone mentioned a friend that had a relapse of cancer. Prayers for PAX traveling on business. Stang continued prayers after the loss of Pappy. Missing one or two I’m sure.
Thanks Punch List For the opportunity to lead a Great group of #HIM. Reach out anytime. Good Times were had by ALL, I think?!?