This thing got started with a quick gathering to listen in to the disclaimer before we began the 45 min of activities planned. Short mosey from COT over to the band practice practice field for a warm up.
Warm up included:
- 40 SSH, 2 burpees
- 30 shoulder press, 2 burpees
- 25 Moroccan night club, 2 burpees
- 8 windmill, 2 burpees
- 15 squats, 2 burpees
- 10 hillbilly walkers, 2 burpees
- quick leg stretches, honeymooners, and downward dog – then we took off to the next spot
Mosey’d over to the smaller parking lot in front of the school with the loop in front of the main entrance where YHC scooped up a parking cone and dropped it off about 80-100 yards from the front of the school. Next piece of fun ensued was as follows:
- 50% run from main entrance to cone, followed up by 5 burpees
- 50% run back to main entrance, followed by 10 bench step up’s each leg, and then 20 dips
- Then repeat the above for round 2
- 75% run from main entrance to cone, followed up by 5 burpees
- 75% run back to main entrance, followed by 15 bench step up’s each leg, and then 25 dips
- Repeat the above @ 75%
- 100% / all you got run from main entrance to cone, followed up by 5 burpees
- 100% / all you got run back to main entrance, followed by 20 bench step up’s each leg, and then 30 dips
- Repeat the above @ 100%
In-between the 50-75% round and 75-100% round, YHC provided some words on “control”. While some of us are more controlling than others, we all have our control issues somewhere in our lives. Whether that be at home with the M and 2.0s, at work with co-workers or just the company in general, or trying to control and plan for a hurricane. In the end, we can only control ourselves, how we act, what words we use and choices we make, if we want to push ourselves during a workout, etc. When something like a hurricane comes along and we have no control, we can comfort our M’s and our 2.0s, but it’s really in God’s hands and we need to put our trust in Him.
Quick mosey back to COT (with the Laces Out PAX “stretching”) for some Mary, name-o-rama, announcements, prayers / praises, and ball of man. Also knocked out 42 burpees in total for #1000September !
Good stuff – looking forward to next time!