Started out a bit chilly so YHC jumped in with the disclaimer and we took off for a mosey…that was about maybe 100 yards in change. This workout had been predetermined to be “leg friendly and minimal running” and that bar was set immediately.
In the warmup, we did the “Shady” home warmup with incorporated getting the body stretched and blood pumping. Warmup included: SSH, Mary Catherine of some sorts (no name for what looks like an elliptical movement), stretch of shoulders and arms, cherry pickers, windmill, squats, Moroccan night clubs, low slow squats, merkins, and finally some runner stretches.
After the warmup, we got into the Thang. Immediate partnering up ensued, size didn’t matter, but picking someone you didn’t know very well did. Incorporated into the Thang was going to be encouraged mumble chatter with your partner to get to know them – how’d they get their name, what’s their hospital name (not the name of the hospital), where they grew up, work, etc. Kind of like a COT naming 101 session. As my word of the year is “listen”, part of the message today was getting to know your fellow PAX.
Here’ the gauntlet that was laid down using “Jack Webb” as the theme:
- Classic Jack Webb – 1 merkin, 4 overhead claps; 2 merkins, 8 overhead, etc. up to 10 merkins and 40 overhead
- With your partner – 1 mak-tar-jai, 4 plank hand slaps; 2 MTJ, 8 hand slaps…all the way up to 10 and 40
- Also together with your partner – 1 crab foot slap (don’t recall the actual name but get in crab position and lift left leg up and slap with right hand, alternate feet and hand = 1 rep), 4 LBCs…this up to 10 crabs and 40 LBC
- Last together with your partner – 1 burpee, 4 squats. This was get as many as you can b/c of time which I believe partners were in the 8 burpee, 32 squat range
- In the last few min we did some MARY and called it a morning
As we wrapped up, getting to know the PAX 1 person at a time is important as that accountability and personal level of basic “I know where you’re from and I’m listening to who you are” helps develop and enrich your shieldlock.
It took zero movement to get to COT where we did name-o-rama, announcements and a quick roundtable of prayers and praises. Enjoyed the push this am and especially the welcomed mumble chatter. Looking forward to next time!