First off- Cobains to Bonsai for this trady BB. The beatdown was on point.
A hearty crew began strolling in around 6:20 with headlamps both running and car with much excitement and anticipation. Plenty of jokes going around as I brought my 2.0 that now towers over me by about 5 inches. Par for the course. Dont know if this was Milehigh’s first Q at the Fort but he easily stepped up to the plate. There were a handful of pre rucks and pre runs from PAX accelerating their #King. Fishsticks ran all the way from Tom Brady’s back yard which was about 7 miles.
Milehigh took the reigns first and led the PAX on a mosey run around the park and then off campus for a circle of pain with standard issue but equally difficult warm ups. DORA was the name of his game and MH extended to 4 rounds of 100 merkins, 200 Carolina Dry Docks, 300 Squats, 400 LBC aggregate between your partner. P1 runs up the grassy cliff, bangs out 5 more merkins and tries not to be a rolling wheel of cheese on the way down. Festifun (from Rock Hill) came in guns blazing and was big on the #pickupthesix encouragement that #teamHYDE had fallen to #DFL.
Handoff to YHC and with no words really planned have been struck and moved by the acceleration of Mile High in fitness, fellowship and his faith. 7 months in and he’s running the yeti, leading workouts, understanding accountability and seeing the virtues of shield lock. AYE!
AYG up the hill for a partner series of wheelbarrow, carries then toe lunges and burpee broadjumps #crowdpleaser.
Finished out with 2 teams of tunnel of love and finally seal team situps. Indian run back to home.
- Geronimo is F3. King is locked in, always welcoming and a magnet for anybody
- No one knows exactly why DOAH wore his reflector vest during the workout. but he stayed safe, so goal attained.
- Kernel(14 yo 2.0) took it on the chin well and kept up with his old man despite YHC being able to fit in his pocket
- Lutifisk is looking lean and mean- aye brother keep up the King/Queen
- When did we start naming ppl after the bad roads in Fort Mill- Pothole and Asphalt?
- Tesh kept his shirt on but he was conflicted
- Finally- those who played in the grass the second half, truly get the original Fort. Skin fungi be damned.