- QIC: Cake Boss & Maxiumus
- When: 12/24/2018
- Pax: Amish, Anchorman, Atticus, Backdraft, Bassomatic, Bear Gryils, Bo Knows, Bonsai, Bubba Gump, Cable Guy, Cake Boss, Captain Jack, Chedda, Corn Hole, Cornerstone, Cyclopes, Dark Helmet, Deacon, Dogpound, Double D, Doubtfire, Drago, Dungaree, Ferris, Fish Stix, Flat Tire, Flux, Fogerty, Frat boy, Funhouse, Gaylord, Gecko, Geronimo, Ginsu, Halfshell, Homebrew, Hootie, Islander, Italian Job, Jekyll, Jiffy, JWOW, Liquidate, Lug Nut, Magnum, Mainframe, Matador, Maximus, Mr Clean, Nemo, Offset, Offspring, Old Bay, Peabody, Peg, Pusher, Qbert, Reborn, Repeat, Rock Thrill, Router, Royale, Santini, Scrappy, Senator Tressel, Shady, Shark Bait, Short Sale, Skinner, Skinny Jeans, Slumlord, Smokey, Smuggler, Snap Hook, Spark Plug, Spiderman, Spitz, Spud, Straight Up, SugarBug, SunShine, Tesh, Tesla, Training wheels, Triple Lindy, Trucker, Twister, Two Ferns, Walker, Wolverine, WWL, Yoda, Zima
- Posted In: Convergence, The Fort
0545 – Arrive at Palisades Elementary School AKA The Abyss where Bear Grylis is tailgating like its the Summer Concert tour and he’s at FORT-A_PALOOZA.
Ruckers and Runners were gathering and getting ready for a full morning of all 3 F’s. The Pre-Ruck led by Bonsai (as Worldwide Leader was MIA) got together and away they went.
YHC gathered all of the Clave Boss 5k runners and gave the instructions for the course. Signs were posted however it was still difficult for some to follow (Royale, Funhouse and some others) and they got 3.5mi surprise.
0605 – The 4th Annual Clave Boss 5k launched and 32 runners hit the hills of Palisades. This year we awarded Bundt Cakes to the first runner at various paces.
- MacGyver flew in at 20:47 6:60/mi and then went back to encourage other runners – True #HIM
- Sharkbait came in at 24:43 7.88/mi
- Islander rolled in at 27:10 8.74/mi
- Twister with a 31:25 10.08/mi
- Smuggler wrapped it up with a solid 34:11 11:00/mi
Appreciate all the participants. Next Year’s 5th Annual will be a special event for sure!!
0700 – Preruck has returned, Clave Boss has wrapped up and now more cars have entered the parking lot with PAX gathering all around. It was time to launch the convergence. YHC ask if there were FNGs, and we had 4 in attendance, gave the disclaimer. YHC then gave RUCK crew green light to jet with a 0750 COT. The remaining 75 or so PAX had YHC and Maximus for the next 50minutes
Mosey parking lot….20 SSHs, Go to other end of lot, Merkins, go to other end of lot for squats, back to other end of parking lot for LBCs
Line up in 6 lines, each line goes to a cone and each cone has exercise on it
- Leg Lifts
- Lunge walk
- Wide Arm Merkins
- Donkey Kicks
- Spider-man Merkins
- Lunge walk
- Sumo Squats
3 rounds of above, 5 reps, then 10 reps, then 15 reps
The mumble chatter was classic and the fellowship as always enjoyable
Handoff to Maximus
Mosey to back of School and line up in 6 lines for Pain Platoon
- Santini led squat routine that is always a crowd pleaser
- Pusher led Lunges
- Double D led Mc-tar-Ny ??
- Bubba Gump led SSHs
- 4 lines – turn to face one another – then Seal Team Sit ups–always a big crowd pleaser
Mosey to front of school for COT:
Plank while waiting on RUCK crew and 6 inches with Walker…..always fun!!
- 93 was the count with 4 FNGs
- Bo Knows
- We Switzered to gather around and listing to Mr. Clean give a message and challenge to the PAX
- I’m honored to speak with you today;
Tomorrow (Christmas night) is the 1 year anniversary of me and the kids finding Cindy (my wife) unconscious. She was immediately put on life support
Cindy died 3 days later from complications of MS and an addiction to alcohol
I thought our life was on cruise control. I was being non -purposeful and non intentional. Being a single parent and grieving thru the tragic death of a spouse has been unreal.A few things I have learned from this that I would like to share.
- I have a much deeper awareness of emotional health. I have been humbled. Being humble creates avenue for change and growth. My question to you is…are you vulnerable and humble enough to let brothers in to help you?? Are you humble enough to ask for him if you are escaping reality w addictions? Alcohol, porn, etc
- I have a more real relationship w Christ.At a time when I doubted Christ care for me and my children and his desire to help our family Christ stepped in and answered a very exact prayer request. If you have doubts about Christ, speak to me please. I would love to share with you what He alone has done.
- I am thankful for the suffering. It has brought our family closer together. Even though I and the kids are miss Cindy everyday, we have so much to be thankful. I am thankful for the life that we had w Cindy. I am thankful that she is suffering no more. I am thankful that Cindy is made as new. Most importantly, am thankful for the birth of Christ. He gives us HOPE for a better day.
- My Challenge to you is Love Deeper and Speak Sweeter. — too often people speak disrespectfully of their spouses and children and parents. Words matter and we all need to choose them wisely. We need to hold each other accountable and “get our heads out of our asses” as you never know when that person will be taken from you.
- I’m honored to speak with you today;
YHC can’t thank Mr Clean enough for this message and his friendship. over the last 2 years we have grown together to be better Christ followers, better husbands and fathers. He is such a great leader and I’m blessed to have him in my life.
If you need someone like this in your life, reach out to me and we’ll get you set up as there are a boatload of HIMs in the PAX
It was time for some major announcements in leadership. YHC has led as NANTAN for The Fort region for about 15months. Prior to that I was Weasel Shaker and prior to that 3rdF Q and in-between Site Qs of Ranch, Ballroom, Crossroads,, ChicknWizdim, and led CSAUP teams at P200, Kiawah and others.
It was time to hand over the keys to this well oiled machine to a new leader. A man I’ve watched grow and lead in all 3 F’s and lead well. First got to know him well on the 2014 BRR 9 man team. I was asked to attend Colombia mission with with him in 2015 that he led. Have Qd many times with him and attended a retreat in Boone with him in 2017 and saw his heart for God, Family and the PAX of The Fort. In 2018 he led BEYOND and pushed men to not only dig deep physically but to stretch themselves emotionally and spiritually. This sealed it for me that this man understood leadership and that men needed to be Freed to Lead.
MAXIMUS is the new NANTAN of The Fort!
I personally am excited for this next chapter and look forward to more men being Freed to Lead by his example and inspiration. With this change, some other leaders have stepped up as well.
- Weasel Shaker = Funhouse
- 1stFQ = Royale
- 2ndFQ = Wegmans
- 3rdFQ = Gecko
I personally want to thank Old Bay for years of leadership and more importantly friendship. I true HIM who makes so much happen behind the scenes that there is no way The FORT would be where it is today without him.
Also, want to thank Anchorman for 2nd F Q during my time as Nantan, as well as all his leadership at Footloose, encouraging guys to push themselves and the many great ideas and ways to challenge the PAX. Appreciate you brother!
BOM – Gecko had great words to close out this convergence. As we celebrate the birth of Jesus and all of the Holidays, I pray we find JOY in everything and not take anything for granted. I appreciate all the PAX and my brothers of THE GLOOM.