Put this one together fairly quickly the night before my Q while laying in bed w/ my 2.0. Those tend to not work out so well for the Pax as it’s super easy to write down everything that is awful and hard and then ask the Pax to make it happen. Well, that’s what I did. It felt lazy. It felt last minute. It was both of those things. And I was happy about it.
Had a solid crew of 18 boot campers – gave them the general theme of what this would be about, quick disclaimer, just enough to scare them a bit, and then we were off for a very quick warmup – something I am known for.
Warm-up: seal jacks, merkins, plank punches, shoulder taps, superman coupled w/ Moroccan night club, slow as day windmills and we were done.
I didn’t know how long this next part would take, so I had a few extra things to do if we had time, but I was a bit uncertain from the get-go. If you’ve been to Abyss (Palisades Elementary School), you know the front of the school is a standard school set up – a long road in w/ some turns, making its way to the parking lot, a roundabout for the drop off, etc, etc. My goal was for us to do the outer perimeter with exercises as our mode of transportation – for the entire thing. Starting at the loop at the front doors of the school:
– Lunge Walk (90 yards / 80ish meters) to the first turn
– Burpee Broad Jump (175 yards / 160 meters) to the next turn that then goes uphill to 49
– Crab walk up the hill (230 yards / 200 meters)
– Bear Crawl down the side walk parallel to 49 and then down the stairs (140 yards / 130 meters)
– Grand Finale: Burpee Bounces around the loop / circle back to your starting point…you make ground by doing one burpee and as you push-up, you explode up and throw yourself forward 3 times on all fours. Pop up, jump, that’s one burpee. Keep it moving.
After the last of the pax finished the full loop, we had about 10 minutes, which we leveraged for partner carry work. Thanks GRT from Friday night. Felt inspired. Partner up –
– Partner 1 does Spiderman Merkins while Partner 2 runs the length of the parking lot. When they get to the end, they call for Partner 1 who starts to run to their Partner 2 (while Partner 1 is catching up, Partner 2 does Spiderman Merkins). When they meet up, they partner carry each other the full length of the parking lot back to the starting point. Did that 2 more times so everyone carried their partner 3 separate times. The other exercises while one partner was running were squat touches (squat low enough to touch the ground w/ your fingers) and crunchy frogs.
2 minutes left – good old fashioned sprints. Everyone back pedal 1/2 the length of the parking lot, all you got, and then turn and sprint the second half. Did that 2 times and then it was time for COT.
Praises – new jobs / promising job interviews
Prayers – marriages, big flo barreling our way
Thanks to Bones for giving me the chance to lead these great men. Big thanks to all the guys who made it out today – was awesome to bust a$$ together and get after it.